Choosing Adoption if You are in a Difficult Circumstance
Life is anything but easy. If you live with difficult circumstances, such as homelessness, addiction, abuse and illness, it can become overwhelming. Finding out you’re pregnant can heighten these feelings of anxiety.
Through adoption, your child can have the upbringing that she or he deserves. Adoption can give you the comfort in knowing that you did the best you could for your little one. It also allows you the opportunity to change your circumstances and create a better life for yourself.
Adoption Choices of Arizona can help you find the right adoptive family for your baby. We are a private adoption agency that assists children, birth parents, and adoptive parents in the state of Arizona with sensitivity and support. Plus, we’re experts at providing a safe place for homeless expectant parents. We will be with you every step of the way, guiding you through the adoption process. Our goal is to make your pregnancy and adoption as stress-free as we can.
Types of Adoption Available for Your Unplanned Pregnancy
Placing your baby for adoption does not mean you are giving up or that your child is unwanted. It means you are choosing the best options for you both to live a good life. This is why Adoption Choices of Arizona only guides you through this process. It’s up to you to choose the best adoption plan for you and your child.
- Open adoptions let you stay in touch with the child and the adoptive family before, during, and after the adoption.
- Semi-open adoption allows you to keep your life separate from the child’s new life. You and the child’s adoptive family can still send letters and pictures, but they’ll go through the adoption agency. No personal info about your life will be shared with the child or adopted parents.
- Closed adoptions do not allow you to contact or share information with the child and adoptive family.
Steps Involved in the Adoption Process
- Contact Adoption Choices of Arizona
- Schedule a meeting with a counselor
- Review and select an adoptive family for your child
- Place baby with the adopted family
- Post-adoption counseling
Resources Available Before, During and After the Adoption Process
Adoption Choices of Arizona has several resources available to our birth mothers, before, during, and after the adoption, such as:
- Medical Care – The top priority during pregnancy is looking after yourself and your unborn child. However, even if you try your best, your situation might prevent you from doing so. If you choose Adoption Choices of Arizona, we’ll make sure you’re taken care of by prenatal doctors and nurses. As an adoption agency in Arizona, we will help you create the birth plan that works for you.
- Financial assistance – Once you look into nearby adoption and are committed to Adoption Choices of Arizona, we will offer financial help with expenses. If eligible, we will assist you with expenses throughout your pregnancy and after birth. Adoption Choices of Arizona also takes care of your bills later in pregnancy.
- Housing – Once you’re eligible and in a housing crisis, we can find you a clean and safe place to stay during your pregnancy. We can assist with housing, food, and other essentials to help make your pregnancy more comfortable and less stressful.
- Legal Services for Adoption – An adoption attorney will guide you through all legal processes. We will make sure you understand your rights and the agreed terms of the contract. It is our job to assist you every step of the way, so don’t be afraid to ask questions. This is a service that will be at no cost to birth parents.
- Counseling and support – Our adoption counselors understand your situation and are here to help you make the best choices. We would work with you even after the adoption to ensure you are adjusting to the situation.
Adoption Choices of Arizona is Here For You
Making sure your child is healthy and safe is the best gift you can give to your unborn child. It is also one of the greatest gifts you can give to yourself, especially if you are in a difficult circumstance. Adoption Choices of Arizona is here to help. So start looking into nearby adoption as an option for your unplanned pregnancy.