What is The Permanency of Adoption?
By Gabrielle Maya
Adoption in Arizona is an option for any birth mother with an unexpected pregnancy. We at Adoption Choices of Arizona want to give you the option for adoption. We want to assure you that we will help you answer all your questions. You may be indecisive or sure about your adoption choice. We want to ensure you have all the tools and information you need to decide. We also want you to understand the permanency of adoption and what this will mean for you as a birth mother. This decision is never easy. However, we see it as a selfless act of love and consideration. We do not judge whatever circumstances have led you to our adoption agency in Arizona, we do not judge. We only support and serve your needs.
If you need adoption help now, please call or text us at 1-480-900-5520 or visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona.
The Permanency of Adoption
Yes, one of the downsides to adoption is that once you sign all the papers, legally, your child is in the custody of the adoptive family you choose. You might even wonder what is the permanency of adoption in Arizona. Change can be difficult, and many birth mothers have difficulty and a sense of loss after completing the adoption process. That’s why make sure this is what you want. Before signing all the necessary paperwork, know that this is what you want to do for yourself and your child. There is always a family waiting to love your child.
Can I Be Involved in My Child’s Life?
Yes, you can be involved in your child’s life. Even though you are not your child’s legal guardian, that position is filled by the adoptive family you choose. One part of the adoption process is choosing the best adoption type for you. If you decide that you want to have a relationship with your child in the future or not, there are three basic adoption options.
- Open Adoption: When you want to have a close and personal relationship with your child and the adoptive family, this option lets you choose forms of communication. You can decide on the boundaries and consistency of communication. The types of communication you can plan with your adoption specialist are phone and video calls, in-person visits, and personal emails and letters that include pictures.
- Closed Adoption: If you do not want a personal relationship with your child or the adoptive family. We do not judge your reasoning and your circumstances. Your personal information will not be shared with the adoptive family. The adoptive family’s profile is the only thing you will see. You will assess who’s the best candidate.
- Semi-Open Adoption: If you want to set boundaries for communication and contact, this is the type of adoption you want. You may not want a personal relationship with the adoptive family or child. However, you want some updates on their upbringing. Contact forms include professional emails, videos, phone calls, and letters with photographs.
This is a way for you to interact with your child. You may not be their parent on paper. However, you are their biological mother. You took the time to care for them in your body before you did this selfless act of love to make sure they had a bright future. Despite the circumstances, you want what’s best for you and your child. Being a part of their life is possible in this form and boundaries are set by you, and you have full control of scheduling visits and how they will occur.
Unplanned Pregnancy Help in Arizona
At Adoption Choices of Arizona, we offer several services to you that you can apply for and are eligible for. We want to reassure you that these services will help you during your adoption process and help you plan post-placement.
- Financial Aid: If you are not financially stable to take care of yourself due to the unplanned pregnancy, we can offer loans, grants, and payment help to pay for essentials. We can help pay for rent, transportation, phone bill, maternity clothes, groceries, and medical checkups. Even the adoptive family can help pay for these important expenses. Access personalized help and financial support today.
- Medical Assistance and Checkups: If you do not have medical insurance or a primary doctor, we can provide a list of potential doctors to choose from. Once you decide on a doctor, we can help schedule appointments for you. We want to make sure you are receiving proper medical care. Your physical health and the baby’s health are our top priorities.
- Housing: You may need more room when going through this adoption process. If you do not have a home or feel unsafe in your home, we can offer potential housing. We have a list of places available near you during the duration of your pregnancy. Having a safe and comfortable environment is good for you physically and mentally. We want you to focus on the steps of your adoption and have a comfortable place to stay while you are figuring out your permanent living arrangement. When post-placement occurs, you can stay in your temporary housing until you pick yourself up and figure out your stability and living necessities.
- Birth Plan: When visiting your doctor for daily medical checkups, one of the topics you will discuss is your birth plan. The doctor and your adoption specialist will make sure it is planned how you want it. Some questions you have to consider are the location of the delivery, if you want certain people in the delivery room, if you would prefer a natural birth or a c section, and if you want pain relief medicine. These are the main questions to consider when planning your birth delivery.
- Free Counseling: We understand that going through this entire adoption process can be overwhelming. You may have various feelings and emotions that are difficult to navigate through at this time. We offer our free counseling services to you when you are ready. There is no timetable for when you complete counseling. Whether you choose our one-on-one sessions or group therapy, we want to offer a way for you to process, acknowledge and cope with your feelings about the adoption and other concerns you may have. At Adoption Choices of Arizona, we want you to put your mental health first.
Learning to Cope with the Permanency of Adoption in Arizona
Adoption Choices of Arizona can help with your adoption in Phoenix or throughout Arizona. We know it may be a hard road ahead. We understand that you are aware adoption is permanent. However, we encourage you to really think about your decision. Remember, we have three adoption types you can choose from. If you still want to connect with your child with open or semi-open adoption, we can help make that happen. Our services and other ways to help you during and after adoption completion.
For adoption resources or to begin your adoption journey, birth parents can visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona or call or text us at 1-480-900-5520. If you are a prospective adoptive family hoping to adopt a baby, please instead, visit us here!