Closed Adoption in AZ and How Adoption Agencies Can Help
By Aurora Warner
So, you have decided to place your baby for adoption in Phoenix. You might ask yourself, what happens now? The next step in the process is to choose which type of adoption you would like to pursue. When deciding on which type of adoption you’d like, you can work with your adoption specialist to create an adoption plan in a closed adoption. Adoption Choices of Arizona can assist you if you decide you desire a closed adoption. If you choose a closed adoption, you will have no communication with the adoptive parents. You and the adoptive parents cannot share any identifying information. Once your child has been legally adopted, the adoption records are fully sealed. It’s important to understand that you can be happy and you’re allowed to be happy after choosing a closed adoption.
However, please contact Adoption Choices of Arizona if you are a birth mother considering adoption. We can assist you with your adoption process and support you as you make some courageous decisions for your child’s future at our adoption center.
Why Should I Consider a Closed Adoption?
There are several advantages to closed adoptions. For example, if you were sexually assaulted, you may decide to place your child in a closed adoption. This may help you feel relieved and heal from the trauma. You might be very young or very elderly, and you might not be able to be a parent or nurture your child properly. A closed adoption may be an excellent option if you want your adoption to be confidential.
We understand how difficult and emotionally draining it is to place a baby for adoption. It may also be difficult for an adopted family to raise their child. However, if you select a closed adoption, you will be given time to recover from that time of life.
What are the advantages of Closed Adoption?
- There will be a sense of closure: In a closed adoption, many birth mothers choose this type of adoption due to having the opportunity to put their child up for adoption while trusting that their adoptive family will unconditionally love them. Also, many birth mothers do not like open adoptions. Many of them cannot handle constantly seeing their child and the emotions that come with it. Choosing a closed adoption can offer you the ability to process your grief better and move forward.
- Safety: An closed adoption is one of the safest options for you and your child. You may find yourself unexpectedly pregnant and in a challenging, dangerous situation. A closed adoption can allow you to feel both safe and secure while deciding on your adoption plan.
- Privacy: Adoption is a very vulnerable and sensitive process. It may be beneficial to have a closed adoption. While possibly an advantage, the fast adoption may serve to mask feelings.While perhaps an advantage, the closed adoption may hide other emotions, such as fear, shame, and hurt. You can then decide why you may be choosing a closed adoption.
What are The Disadvantages of a Closed Adoption?
- Grief and Unresolved Questions: A closed adoption may also cause birth mothers to feel emotional distress because of unresolved questions. Not being able to contact the adoptive parents can also be challenging. It is usual for birth mothers or feels ashamed and guilty. Sometimes, birth mothers wonder if they should have chosen a closed adoption. Often, birth mothers might wish they’d had the option of contact later on.
- Missed opportunities to have a relationship with your child: Birth mothers may also feel left out by having a closed adoption. Most birth mothers regret that they won’t be able to have a relationship with their children. To decide whether closed adoption is right for you, it’s essential to be entirely sure.
Why Should I Choose Adoption Choices of Arizona?
At Adoption Choices of Arizona, we can assist you. You might be wondering if I can choose adoption if you are unable to take care of your child. The answer is yes, you can. We’ll provide you with the tools and information you need to find out what’s right for you. We’ll also provide you with a temporary shelter to help you through your pregnancy and adoption process. Our staff will work with you to develop an adoption plan that fulfills all of your requirements.
We are a licensed adoption agency in Arizona. We help birth mothers, their children, and adoptive families. Our staff members have assisted birth parents, children, and adoptive families in Arizona for many years. Our goal is to provide a personalized adoption experience to all involved in the adoption process.
For adoption resources or to begin your adoption journey, birth parents can visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona or call or text us at 1-480-900-5520. If you are a prospective adoptive family hoping to adopt a baby, please instead, visit us here!