How to Choose an Adoption Agency in Arizona
You have an unplanned pregnancy and may not know what resources you have around you. In addition, you may think there are no options for you located in the state of Arizona. Adoption Choices of Arizona has locations in Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff that can help you set up an appointment to start your adoption in Arizona.
If you need adoption help now, please call or text us at 1-480-900-5520 or visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona.
How to Begin an Adoption in Arizona
First, we start with an adoption plan and choose an adoptive family that fits within the criteria you have chosen for your child’s future upbringing. To better understand what you want, you must also consider your adoption plan options.
The three types of adoption are open, closed, and semi-open. When you have an adoptive family that shares the same understanding of an adoption plan, it will put you at ease.
Open adoption is when the adoptive family and you want to know more about each other. You want to know who they are in person and personal information about them. You also want to establish a relationship with your child as they grow up and would like to schedule communication time with them and the adoptive family. This can be done through our adoption agency. We can help you organize video and phone calls, emails, letters, pictures, and in-person visits.
Closed adoption is when you do not want to be involved with the adoptive family or the child. If you decide on this adoption plan, you will only know their name, know they pass all legal local and federal criteria, and their name. The adoptive family profile does nothing like their address, occupation, or personal interests. You will not receive any communication from the adoptive family, nor do you have to contact the adoptive family. Keep in mind that the one exception of communication is if the adoptive family requests any medical information due to a family medical issue or an allergic reaction.
Semi-open adoption is very similar to open adoption. However, you can set boundaries on the communication and how much of it you would like to do. You do not have to share any personal information if you do not want to. The same goes for the adoptive family.
Pregnant Adoption Help We Provide for You
- Financial Assistance: Your finances for taking care of yourself and the baby may be below. You may need help with funding for maternity clothes, transportation, food, and shelter. Adoption Choices of Arizona can provide financial aid in the form of loans, grants, and more that can assist in these areas.
- Medical Assistance: If you are in a position where you do not have a primary doctor or may not have medical insurance, we can provide a list of doctors to help you with daily medical checkups and their services for when the baby arrives. The decision is up to you to choose a doctor that will meet your needs. We can help financially cover your medical appointments.
- Birth Plan: Creating a birth plan is another thing you will discuss with your adoption specialist. All the decisions are made by you. You get to decide who you want to be at birth. The adoptive family, your family, friends, or none at all; the decision to have someone in the room is entirely your choice. The adoption specialist will be there to speak on your behalf and be a support to you. Whatever makes the birth comfortable and easy for you, Adoption Choices of Arizona will accommodate you.
- Job Placement: We can offer a job to help take care of any financial situation. We can have a list of jobs or courses that you can go for and get an opportunity at a job. If you have job experience, we can help you find a list of jobs that are within your skillset.
- Counseling: Our counseling is free. We have one-on-one and group counseling sessions. If you are comfortable sharing your experience with a group that can understand your situation, we encourage you to join our sessions. If you want one ear to listen and give you some advice and coping methods, then one on one will be best.
What Comes After Putting Your Child Up for Adoption in Arizona?
Even during post-pregnancy, we will be here for you. It can be hard getting back on your feet for a number of reasons. Based on your current living situation, physical and mental situation, we provide you with living quarters until you can get back to your home or find a home. The pregnancy may have done a physical number on you, and you need rest to get your health back up. The emotions and mindset of completing your pregnancy may be positive or negative, a mixture of both. Your experience with this adoption journey will need to learn and process, which can take a very long time. Free counseling will not go anywhere. Our professionals will be there for you as long as you need them.
You can search Adoption Choices of Arizona to get locations of nearby private adoption service agencies. Our doors are open, and we are available twenty-four-seven for call, text, and online appointments. We will help you and provide all the essential tools and services for putting your child up for adoption in Arizona.
For adoption resources or to begin your adoption journey, birth parents can visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona or call or text us at 1-480-900-5520. If you are a prospective adoptive family hoping to adopt a baby, please instead, visit us here!
Meet the Author: Gabriella Dobson was born and raised in Ohio. She is currently a senior at Miami University majoring in professional writing with a focus on editing. She also minors in criminology and general business. She is a skilled barista and enjoys sipping her coffee with a good book in her hand. She is passionate about helping others and making a difference in the lives around her. With her involvement in St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Women Helping Women, she is able to provide resources for those in need of support.