Post-Placement Counseling and Birth Mother Support
If you are considering giving your baby up for adoption, you may be wondering about the post-placement counseling adoption services available. Adoption Choices of Arizona is your number one choice for all things adoption-related in the state of Arizona. We have three offices in the state with adoption facilitators ready to assist you.
What Kinds of Post-Placement Support is Available to Me?
There are a variety of post-placement support options available to you as a birth mother. We ensure that our birth mothers are taken care of during and after pregnancy. Unplanned pregnancy and making the decision to place your baby for adoption are hard enough without having to worry about basic necessities.
The first step of the adoption process is to contact us at Adoption Choices of Arizona, where we will develop your personalized adoption plan. Your adoption plan helps us determine what kind of financial, medical, and counseling you may need. Additionally, your adoption plan includes:
- Reviewing prospective adoptive family profiles.
- Meeting the adoptive family.
- A goodbye dinner that Adoption Choices of Arizona arranges for you.
This dinner is not compulsory, and you only have to attend if you want to. These services are provided throughout and after your pregnancy to ensure you are adequately cared for during the adoption process.
Financial Support During Your Adoption Process
Adoption Choices of Arizona provides financial assistance to all of their birth mothers. This financial assistance can pay for things like food, rent, phone service, and maternity clothing. Our goal is to lessen the strain of pregnancy and adoption, which is why we assist our birth mothers financially. You should not have to worry about food or shelter while you are unexpectedly pregnant.
Finding the Right Medical Support for Your Adoption in Arizona
We also make sure that you are receiving adequate medical care throughout your pregnancy. It is important that you take the best care of yourself and your baby during this time. Our adoption counselors will help you find a prenatal doctor. Your adoption plan will also address your birth plan. Your birth plan consists of information such as the kind of birth you would like to have and who you would like in the room during labor and delivery.
What are Legal Adoption Services?
In addition to the other support we provide, we ensure that you have sufficient legal support. Your adoption attorney will guide you through the legal aspects of the adoption in Arizona. He or she will ascertain that you understand your rights and what you agree to. Your adoption attorney will also assist you in receiving any financial assistance you may be eligible for.
Finding the Right Post-Placement Counseling After Your Adoption Journey
We offer different types of post-placement counseling services depending on your needs: one-on-one, support groups, and birth mother retreats.
- One-on-one counseling is customized for you. You can meet with your adoption counselor to discuss your fears and worries regarding adoption. These meetings are 100% confidential.
- Support group counseling allows you to be around other birth mothers with similar experiences. Support groups make you feel like you are less alone and provide a sense of community. It is often helpful to speak to people who have gone through or are going through what you are going through as well. One of the main benefits of support group counseling is it makes you feel less alone and guilty about choosing adoption. Support group counseling is moderated by an adoption counselor. You can also find in-person support groups via a quick Google search.
- Birth mother retreats are a lot like support group counseling sessions, but you have the opportunity to “retreat” from your everyday life. Birth mother retreats foster a sense of community and connection between you and other birth mothers. Some women develop lifelong friendships during birth mother retreats. These retreats allow you to really focus on what you are feeling at the present moment.
We are Here to Help You Find the Right Post-Placement Counseling for You!
We have a variety of resources available to you during and after your adoption journey. We do not abandon you after you have your baby. We have several different types of post-placement counseling, and we want to ensure that you are taken care of in the best manner possible. This is a delicate time in your life and one in which you should not be alone. We have Adoption Choices of Arizona offices in Flagstaff, Phoenix, and Tucson to assist you with all of your adoption needs. Let us help you on your adoption journey.
For adoption resources or to begin your adoption journey, birth parents can visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona or call or text us at 1-480-900-5520. If you are a prospective adoptive family hoping to adopt a baby, please instead, visit us here!
Meet the Author: Rayna Batiste is an alumna of the University of West Florida with a bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing. Having graduated with honors, she hopes to attend graduate school at New York University, majoring in Journalism. Rayna is also a United States Air Force veteran who enjoys watching documentaries about pretty much any subject, learning, and spending quality time with her family and friends. She is also a fitness enthusiast and an avid Peloton user.
Her hobbies include brunch (yes, brunch is a hobby), fashion, makeup, and of course, reading and writing. Rayna has a real passion for the written word and correct grammar and syntax. She enjoys manipulating sentence structure and experimenting with punctuation in her writing. She’s what you would call a “werd nerd.” She was also recently featured at the Pensacola Museum of Art for her work, entitled Triangular Geometry.