What is the Adoption Process for a Pregnant Woman in Arizona?
Adoption is a delicate process that takes place globally every year. Within the states, the adoption process varies between each, with laws being sustained and forced in order to protect the parties involved. If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and are now seeking options, adoption in Arizona, an adoption agency can assist you with such.
That adoption agency can be us, Adoption Choices of Arizona. We are a private adoption agency located in Arizona state that helps locals. We provide services to birth mothers looking to place thier baby for adoption. Also, parents or singles looking to adopt a child and more. Our main goal is to make sure the baby is to grow and flourish within a safe and loving home. We can assist and support you during such a time, providing a multitude of resources while you still live your day-to-day life.
I am Pregnant with an Unplanned Baby. What are My Options as a Birth Mother if I Don’t Want to Raise the Baby?
We understand here at Adoption Choices of Arizona that an unplanned pregnancy is not what you thought you would be going through. Facing a mass amount of circumstances in your life might not make you ready to be a mother. With or without the birth father, help won’t make such circumstances better, which we completely understand.
You are not forced or judged here if you know you cannot raise the unborn child you are pregnant with. Unplanned pregnancies are frequent across the United States. It causes many birth mothers to have to make the tough decision of what to do when coming to the realization that it is not possible to raise the child on their own. Then like yourself, they have to weigh the different options that they have besides not raising their child.
The first option you have if you cannot raise your baby is abortion. It is the process of terminating your baby while still in the womb instead of carrying the child for nine months. However, we are a non-profit that advocates for adoption. We support and are strictly against judgment for birth mothers taking such actions. We wholeheartedly understand and wish the mother to be safe during such a procedure. In this option, it is common for birth mothers to have developmental struggles due to the negative thoughts about abortion itself. But, we believe in not judging women for such.
Another option to choose from is adoption which we would aid you during the adoption process in Arizona. Adoption is a process when a child is legally taken in by individuals and shall be raised as their own. In some cases, the child in some scenarios has no biological relation and will consider the people raising them as their “mother” and “father.” Like the termination of a pregnancy, this process can mentally take a toll on you though for different reasons. If such happens, we can provide professional counseling.
What is the Adoption Process at Arizona Adoption Agencies?
Adoption Choices of Arizona is very much delicate and that is because adoption is a serious matter that involves life and legal documentation. We have a very thorough process that we maintain that abides by the needs and wants of you. Also, following the best schedule for you in order to attend events or more that are necessary for you. Our process is intricate and easy to follow:
- First: Of course, you should contact us as soon as possible to start the process of adoption. For more information, please visit our website at Adoption Choices of Arizona.
- Second: You then need to schedule a meeting between you and an assigned adoption counselor from our agency that will be timely. Please schedule at a time when you know you will not need to be rushed and have a plethora of free time. You can come to our location or we can come to you. Whatever works best for you!
- Third: To proceed with the process of adoption, you will need to sign the necessary documentation. Also, our agency needs to have a guarantee that you are pregnant. We need proof you are pregnant through a provided sonogram, hospital paperwork, or more that prove you are pregnant.
- Fourth: Begin developing a detailed list of the qualities you would like the potential adoptive parents to have. You will give us such so we can start picking out parents for you to analyze.
- Fifth: We will provide you with adoptive parent profiles based upon the qualities you would like the parents to have. You will examine the parent profiles and eventually pick one, but you are not rushed, and we would like you to pick the family you think is the best fit for your baby. If you feel like the parents aren’t the best fit, we will provide you with more!
- Sixth: Eventually, you will meet the adoptive parents through a conference call with your counselor being a facilitator. There can even be a conference in person between all three parties depending on the type of adoption you choose: open, semi-open, or closed.
- Seventh: During your pregnancy, you shall keep in touch with your counselor and the adoptive parents.
- Eighth: Once your due date comes, your provided adoption counselor will be there for moral support and to advocate for you.
- Ninth: After birth, the child shall be given to the adoptive parents and a court date will be scheduled where you give consent and give up your parental rights.
- Tenth: You will have a lasting conversation with the adoptive parents depending upon the adoption plan. That is only if you want one, and also, we provide professional help if you are feeling mentally down due to your baby’s adoption. We also can give such services during the pregnancy, but only if you are in favor of such.
During the adoption process, if you are in need of financial support from us, we can do so by providing a home for you. Also, we pay for your medical bills pertaining to the pregnancy, and we do such to keep stress from consuming you. After the child is given to his or her adoptive family after one month, we shall end paying for such expenses.
Where Can I Stay During My Adoption Process if I am Living in a Toxic Environment?
If you are not in a safe environment or have nowhere to live during your pregnancy , Adoption Choices of Arizona can cover your living expenses by providing you with a place. We want to keep you and your baby during such an ordeal. This is not a matter you have to worry about if you seek out assistance.
Contact Us At Adoption Choices of Arizona We are Here for You
We are here for you if needed without questions we are in full support of both you and your unborn child. We understand the adoption process may be stressful and scary to adopt and possibly go through, but that is why we are here. As an adoption agency that runs 24/7, please contact us at any time. We would love to help and hope you become part of our family!
For adoption resources or to begin your adoption journey, birth parents can visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona or call or text us at 1-480-900-5520. If you are a prospective adoptive family hoping to adopt a baby, please instead, visit us here!
Meet the Author: Imani Agbionu is a recent graduate from George Mason University, earning her Bachelor of Science in Marketing. With a history in writing for her former university’s online publication, Her Campus, she aspires to become a successful journalist who can provide for herself and her family. She is from Washington, DC, where she has lived her whole life, but one day wants to move to experience and call another state home. Her mother is from Washington, DC, and her father is from Nigeria, part of the Igbo tribe. As an introvert, she loves streaming platforms, with her favorites being HBO Max, Netflix, and Disney+. Unfortunately, she can’t pick one due to all playing a vital role in her life on a daily basis. She enjoys reading, with her favorite book being The Shining by Stephen King, which she sees as unusual since she is a fearful person that avoids horror at all costs. Listening to music is a vital mechanism that helps her stay calm and deal with her anxiety at times.
As an inspiring Journalist, she likes to write about a plethora of topics that some may look at as controversial, but she believes in staying true to herself. She doesn’t mind having conversations with people as long as opinions are being respected.