The Adoption Process in Arizona
When an unexpected pregnancy occurs, your thoughts could go from being worried about having to be a mother, thinking about an abortion, or thinking that adoption may be the best option. If you choose adoption, you get to decide everything in your adoption plan. Adoption in Arizona is a process where you, the birth mother, get to choose everything.
There are many steps to an adoption process in Arizona. Here at Adoption Choices of Arizona, we will walk you through every step. We want you to have a smooth adoption process and one full of you making every decision for yourself and your child.
- Connect with an Adoption CaseworkerThe first step is to contact us, Adoption Choices of Arizona, we will be here through the entire adoption process in Arizona and want to be that help you need. We will walk you through every step of the way. We have many resources and adoption caseworkers and professionals who will have answers to many of your questions. Connect with an adoption caseworker and start your adoption plan. Begin your adoption process and create the best adoption for yourself and your child.
- Choose Which Type of Adoption You WantThere are three different types of adoption that you can choose from: open, semi-open, and closed adoption. Each one has its pros and cons, but one may be the best option for you. You get to be the sole decision-maker during this and the entire adoption plan.Open adoption is a common choice of many birth mothers. This allows open communication with the adoptive parents and your child. This communication can include phone calls, written letters, pictures and videos, and even the occasional visit. All communication can be negotiated between you and the adoptive parents, so whatever you don’t want, you won’t have. Within this type of adoption, you can be in your child’s life from afar and feel like you are there with him or her.
Semi-open adoption is similar to open adoption, but the communication is relatively limited. This could just be getting updates of your child growing up through pictures or the occasional phone call. This is a great choice if you like both aspects of open and closed adoption.
Closed adoption is no communication between you, the adoptive parents, and your child. This is a hard decision to make because you might want to choose this type of adoption to move on with your life or have a more private adoption, but you may still wonder where your child is in the future.No matter what type of adoption you choose, it is the best choice for you.
- Choose the Adoptive Parents This is one of the biggest decisions. You are choosing who gets to raise your child as their own. No matter the reason for choosing adoption, you are choosing adoptive parents that give your child everything you would want to give them if you were raising them.You get to choose through a list of adoptive parents where you can see if they are single or married, if they have children or not, their gender, religious preferences, their personalities, and so much more. This will allow you to choose exactly who you want to raise your child and give them a loving and healthy family.
- Create a Hospital and Delivery Plan This is a huge decision. This is where you get to meet your baby. Planning your hospital and delivery plan is important because it will relieve so much stress off of you. You will plan where you would like to give birth and what the plans are for you and the adoptive parents. You can choose if you want to meet them or if you just want to have your child given to them without meeting. You may want that alone time with your child before giving him or her away to the adoptive parents you chose. Creating a hospital and delivery plan is very important because you will be prepared for the day you meet your child and it will help relieve a lot of stress.
- Post-Placement Counseling We know how traumatic an unexpected pregnancy can be and how hard adoption can affect your mental health. Asking for help after giving your baby up for adoption is completely valid. Receiving support is very important and we have many professionals who are here for you 24/7.Please don’t be embarrassed to ask for help. It is natural and normal to have these feelings. You are valid to ask for help from our post-placement counseling or even from your friends and family who know your situation. There are people who are here for you. You are not alone.
Is the Adoption Process in Arizona the Best Choice for You?
An unexpected pregnancy is a scary and stressful time in your life, but you are not alone. Here at Adoption Choices of Arizona, we are here to help and support you. You can contact a professional at any time and he or she will be here to help you through your anxieties. They will walk you through every step. You get to decide exactly what you want in your adoption plan and we will be here through your entire adoption process in Arizona. Putting your baby up for adoption is a hard decision, but it could be the best decision of your life.
For adoption resources or to begin your adoption journey, birth parents can visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona or call or text us at 1-480-900-5520. If you are a prospective adoptive family hoping to adopt a baby, please instead, visit us here!
Meet the Author: Molly Allington is an aspiring author born and raised in Syracuse, New York. When she’s not watching her latest Netflix obsession, you can find her nose deep in a book or in her writing. She has been writing books since she was twelve and is in the process of trying to get her finished books published. Molly has a BA in Creative Writing from Southern New Hampshire University. With her writing, she is hoping to share supportive information and help as many people as possible. Once she starts her own family, she is wanting to adopt.