Self-care Tips for Birth Mothers Considering Adoption in May in AZ
Let’s face it. Adoption isn’t exactly the easiest process. Between paperwork, financial issues, and the stress of putting a child for adoption, there’s plenty to keep a birth mother stressed in the complicated process. Pregnancy comes with a variety of tough challenges, and it highlights how important it is to get some self-care into your routine. If you’re tired from looking for pregnant adoption options, Adoption Choices of Arizona is here to help with our self-care tips.
If you need adoption help now, please call or text us at 1-480-900-5520 or visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona.
Self-care Tips for Birth Mothers Considering Adoption
- Get enough sleep while looking for unplanned pregnancy helpSure, you may think you realize that you know the importance of sleep. But between your responsibilities, looking for the best adoption agency in Arizona during your pregnancy, and creating the perfect adoption plan, have you really been considering your sleep schedule? Getting enough sleep is one of the most important factors in deciding how you feel for the entire day. Sleep considerably helps the health of the baby in your belly too. Setting a good bedtime routine can significantly help. Maybe after brushing your teeth and taking care of your skin, try staying off your phone and reading a light book or magazine before bed. The temptation to scroll social media is strong, but all that blue light doesn’t help your poor tired brain to realize it’s time for bed! Make sure you have a nice pillow too. If you’ve been putting off buying a new pillow and your current one has seen better days, a new pillow could reinvigorate your sleep. Making your bed in the morning will also help you feel nice and cozy.
- Try yogaWe realize working out may sound a bit contrary to self-care, but that stretch is great for your sore muscles. Sitting in a chair looking for unplanned pregnancy help hurts your back and does nothing to help the rest of your body. Bust out your old yoga or exercise mat, and try to follow yoga tutorials in the comfort of your own home. Just make sure to check with your doctor first for guidelines for safe exercise. The guided stretches improve your breathing, and the mild workout gets your blood pumping too. People have been practicing yoga for thousands of years for a good reason. Something about slowing down and taking time to stretch out and notice how your body feels just makes everything feel a little better.
- Snuggle on your couch and watch your favorite showWe all know that healthy stuff is good self-care, but what is more satisfying than binging a good show? Maybe you love baking shows. Maybe you have been itching to watch aspiring singers compete. Or maybe you relax best re-watching your favorite crime show, we won’t judge! Whatever that show is for you, make your fortress of comfort complete with snacks and drinks to watch uninterrupted.
- Make some time for your friendsIt’s so easy to get wrapped up in yourself while navigating the murky waters of finding adoption agencies. Reflecting on your thoughts and feelings is important, but sometimes it’s good to get outside of your own head. Call up some of your best friends for some quality time to get some rest and relaxation. Know a restaurant you’ve been dying to go and visit? Know a movie that you heard is fantastic but never had the time? Now is the time to go!
- Take a nice long bathBaths may not fix all of your problems, but they can help with some of them. They help reduce muscle pain, moisturize your skin, help you breathe easier, and can even improve your circulation. Buy a bath bomb or bust out the one you forgot you had and let your adoption-related stress melt away in a nice steamy bath. Light up a candle and pair it up with some fine music to really complete the experience. If you’re the overly productive type, you’ll need this more than most. Set apart a good 30 minutes to fully enjoy the bath before returning, ready to face the rest of your day.
Self-care for when researching choices for adoption in Arizona
Giving a baby up for adoption is no easy task, which is why we’re committed to helping birth mothers here at Adoption Choices Arizona. Take a break from all the research and worry for now! Try some yoga, take that bath and get support from those closest to you. If you’re still feeling nervous and want more tips and tricks, be sure to check out some of our other adoption resources as well.
For adoption resources or to begin your adoption journey, birth parents can visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona or call or text us at 1-480-900-5520. If you are a prospective adoptive family hoping to adopt a baby, please, instead, visit us here!
Meet the author: Joshua Boulet is an aspiring journalist and writer with a particular fondness for research and social sciences. He loves music, writing, reading, video games and most art, and anything creative he can get his hands on. Boulet believes that there’s too much good stuff out there and not enough time to see it all. He grew up on video games: the classic Sonic the Hedgehog games, Mario Kart, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Legend of Zelda. The music of rhythm games led him to an interest in that, and the investigative journalism of Jason Schreier inspired him to discover the importance of journalism as an industry. That interest in developers’ lives led him to an interest in social justice and how the world could maybe be made into a better place. “All this to say, there is certainly a line I can draw between me obsessively playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and me interviewing my sociology professor about how to read academic articles. Those surprising through lines fascinate me all the same. At my best, I’m a person who gets to be constantly fascinated by the lives and work of other people.”
His favorite quote is from his favorite jazz musician:
“A genius is the one most like himself” – Thelonious Monk.