If you decide to choose adoption for your unborn or newborn baby, first you’ll need to speak to an adoption agency. Adoption agencies are people in charge of making all the arrangements for new parents to adopt your baby. Advocating for you, the birth mother, the adoption agency will help you create the best adoption plan for your needs.
After matching with a family who has similar preferences, and everything has been agreed, the courts will make this arrangement final with an adoption court order or adoption decree. This is a document that gives the adoptive parents all legal rights and responsibilities for your child, and the adoption becomes permanent. Your child will take the surname of their new family.
Every day, women like you choose adoption. They understand the benefits of adoption and want what is best for their child. Today, adoption is a widely accepted option for a woman who is experiencing an unexpected or unwanted pregnancy and is considering adoption for ANY reason.
What are the benefits of choosing adoption?
One of major advantages of choosing adoption is the ability to still be a part of your child’s life. Many birth mothers are able to stay in contact with the adoptive family and their child through open adoption or semi-open adoption. They receive letters, emails, photos, and phone calls about their child. Some even have one on one visits.
Other benefits include:
- Opportunity to fulfill hopes for college and/or a career. Women who parent at a young age and without support are more likely to not finish school. Adoption can give you the opportunity to pursue an education and career goals.
- Pre-natal and delivery expenses paid as needed. Unexpected medical expenses can get out of hand very quickly. If you choose adoption for your baby, we will arrange for medical care.
- Financial assistance, including free housing, can be provided giving you the comfort and security of home. Maybe you are struggling financially. Being pregnant may make it hard or impossible for you to work, thereby amplifying these issues. We can help you get financial assistance to make your pregnancy as comfortable as possible.
- All legal expenses and attorney fees will be paid for you. We will be here to explain and complete the adoption process and to protect you. You will have support from a social worker and a legal entity who will ensure that your legal rights are protected.
- The opportunity to bring a family a lot of happiness that would not occur without you. The family you choose to raise your baby has, most likely, been through a lot of pain and anguish. Their dream is to one day have a baby they can love and care for forever. You will be making their most precious dreams come true.
Does it cost money to place my baby for adoption?
No. It’s always free to place a baby for adoption, regardless of your circumstances. It does not matter what your background is, how far along in your pregnancy you are, why you’re choosing adoption, or how often you are in contact with your adoption specialist — placing your baby up for adoption is free to you no matter what!
For adoption resources or to begin your adoption journey, birth parents can visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona or call or text us at 1-480-900-5520. If you are an prospective adoptive family hoping to adopt a baby, please instead, visit us here!