The process of adoption is stressful enough without also having to worry about how to fund your adoption. Although there are scholarships, grants, and loans that you can apply for, sometimes these don’t help cover the full cost of the adoption fees. One way to raise some extra money for an adoption is to sell custom-designed t-shirts. These t-shirts can promote your cause for adoption on the t-shirt or feature other various designs – let your creative heart be your guide!
Some of the essential steps in setting up a custom t-shirt sale are:
- Design the t-shirts.You can easily design custom t-shirts on various websites online. If you’re not feeling so artistic, ask a creative friend to help create a unique design. Or you can use a family motto or quote you love!
- Set up a shop online. In order to reach a larger audience and sell more shirts, setting up an online shop is strongly advised. One can easily open up an account on Etsy or Amazon. Just make sure to check with an accountant regarding sales tax.
- Contact friends and family through texts, emails, and phone calls. Let them know of your plan. Many of them are sure to offer their support! Post about your t-shirts on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Snapchat. With the post, make sure to mention where the money is going, a brief description of why you want to raise the money, and something about your family — you want to make sure to make that personal connection with the customers.
- Sell the shirts. In addition to the online shirts, try to set up a table at local events. This could be a farmer’s market, football game, or garage sale. Also make sure to talk to local businesses — some of them might be willing to feature your shirts in their stores!
- Create an Instagram and Facebook page dedicated to your t-shirt sale.You can easily set up a page dedicated to the t-shirts you’re selling. This way you can update customers about new designs, what locations you’re selling at, and feature customers modeling the shirts.
Selling t-shirts is a creative fun way to help fund your adoption! Designing and marketing your adoption t-shirts can help relieve stress both as a creative distraction and financially!