Another way to raise money for your adoption fees is to create a crowdfunding campaign. Many people have created a variety of fundraisers on the website GoFundMe.com for a variety of different reason. GoFundMe tends to be an easy and convenient way of raising money and reaching a wide variety of people.
Here are some tips in creating a successful fundraiser:
- Create the campaign on your favorite platform.
- Set a goal of how much money you want to raise, add a clear, colorful image of your family, and write a brief description of you and your family and why you want to adopt. The more details you give, the more people will connect with your story.
- Spread the word.
- Post the link to the campaign on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Add a personal message with your post as this will help to get more people’s attention.
- Ask people to share the campaign on their Facebook pages in order to help spread the word.
- You can also email, call, and text close family, friends, or groups you are a part of as not everyone has social media or checks it everyday.
- Post updates often.
- Fundraising often can take months or even years, so it is important to post updates about how much you’ve raised or any updates on the adoption process with family and friends.
- You can also talk about where the money is going and thank people for supporting.
- Withdraw funds.
- As you start to raise money, you have to set up withdrawals to be deposited directly into the bank account. (On GoFundMe) after you set up your first withdrawal, they will be transferred automatically and donations can keep coming in until you deactivate the campaign. Check with your platform to understand how withdrawing funds works!
These websites allow you to simply put your story out there so that friends, family, and even people that don’t know you will see your desire to adopt. They will better understand how expensive it is, and they will see how to give generously so you can build your family through adoption. The fact is: People will donate to a great cause. We love to feel that we are a part of something bigger and starting (or building) your family through adoption is HUGE.