Exploring Your Arizona Unplanned Pregnancy Options
What are my options if I’m pregnant in Arizona?
A woman facing an unplanned pregnancy in Arizona has three options: parenting, terminating the pregnancy, or adoption. While this may not be a simple decision for you to make, the right choice should bring a sense of peace with it.
Option 1: Parenting
What does it take to be a parent? Money, stability, maturity, health – just to name a few. It is no easy task to raise a child, but when it is the right choice, it can offer priceless rewards. Here are a few questions that you might want ask yourself if you are wondering how to decide whether to keep a baby in Arizona:
- Can you provide financially for your child now and in the future?
- Are you mature enough to handle the complexities of parenting?
- Are you mentally ready to be a parent in Arizona?
- If you want to raise your baby but need more support, do you know where to go to ask for help?
There are many factors that will go into your decision to parent. You need to be honest enough with yourself to fully consider them. For example, you may want to think about your situation with your baby’s birth father, the emotional and spiritual support in your life, your financial situation, and more.
There are many women who have chosen to parent their children, so it can be done. How well parenting goes is up to you and your readiness to take on the responsibility of choosing to parent your baby in Arizona.
Option 2: Terminate the Pregnancy
Abortion is an early pregnancy option for women in Arizona facing an unwanted pregnancy.
Abortion is legal in Arizona, and there are no major legal restrictions on the procedure in this state. There is also no restriction on parental consent for an abortion in Arizona. If you elect for an abortion, it is important to speak to your primary medical provider to learn more about the procedure and whether it is an option for you.
Some women feel a sense of relief after an abortion. Yes, there is a loss to many when an abortion is performed; however, there is healing for those who need it and seek it. No matter what, remember that abortion is an option for any woman facing an unwanted pregnancy in Arizona.
Option 3: Adoption
If you are pregnant but not ready for a baby in Arizona, then adoption may be the best option for you!
There are many benefits for choosing adoption for your baby in Arizona:
- Adoption is free of charge to every prospective birth mother.
- There is adoption financial assistance for women who qualify for living expenses during pregnancy and adoption.
- We offer a large pool of prospective adoptive parents that you will get to choose from.
- No matter your birth father situation, an adoption specialist can help you work toward a successful adoption.
- We offer one-on-one post-placement counseling, support groups, and other services.
- You can choose what type of relationship you desire to have with your child post-placement, which could be open, semi-open or closed.
If you would like to discuss adoption, or any of your unplanned pregnancy options in Arizona, please fill out this contact form. Someone will reach out to you as soon as possible and help you make the best decision for you at this time in your life.
For adoption resources or to begin your adoption journey, birth parents can visit us at Adoption Choices of Arizona or call or text us at 1-480-900-5520. If you are an prospective adoptive family hoping to adopt a baby, please instead, visit us here!