As an expectant mother creating an adoption plan, you have the option to choose the family that will adopt your unborn child. When working with Adoption Choices of Arizona, you will be given several family profiles to review. The profiles of the families will directly reflect the characteristics that you desire in the family (you will have discussed this with your adoption counselor).
*If the birth mother chooses a closed adoption, she will have no say in the family that is chosen.
Characteristics might include the family dynamic, ethnic background, family traits and values, or even where they live. Other characteristics that you desire might include the age of the adoptive family. You may choose a family, couple, or single who is older to adopt your child. There are many reasons why you might want to choose an older age family/person to adopt your child, and there are many reasons why people choose adoption at older ages. Some of these reasons might include:
- Putting off starting a family until careers or financial security are established,
- Many years of infertility treatments,
- Creating a “second” family when children are grown
And therefore, you might find an older couple or single more financially secure, responsible and well experienced in raising children, and they want a child so deeply that you can be guaranteed they will love and spoil your child for all life.
Some more advantages of older age adoptions:
- Emotional maturity
- Financial stability
- Stable values
- Stable marriages/partnerships (for couples)
- Time and patience
- Healthier and more active than ever before
- Extended life expectancy allows longer active parenting years
- It isn’t important to look like a young parent. More and more people are putting off starting a family until their 40s and what you look like isn’t important.
If you truly want to parent, age is not an obstacle. If you want an older couple/single to adopt your child, it is possible. To begin your adoption journey, contact Adoption Choices of Arizona online or call us to discuss your options!