Considering adoption is a courageous thing to even begin to consider. Placing a baby for adoption in Arizona is a selfless act of love on behalf of a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy.
Choosing adoption requires a process of five steps: making an adoption decision, creating an adoption plan, choosing an adoptive family, preparing for placement, and adjusting to life after adoption. With the right adoption professional, like Adoption Choices of Arizona, the adoption process can be smooth and efficient for an expectant mother. Placing a newborn for adoption in Arizona is an option for any woman considering adoption.
You Are Not “Giving Up” by Giving Baby Up for Adoption in Arizona
“Giving up” a baby for adoption in Arizona is not “giving up” on anything. This phrasing of “give” my baby up for adoption in Arizona is not popular amongst the healthy and positive side of the adoption community. Its implications are the opposite of the truth. “Placing baby for adoption in Arizona” or “putting your baby up for adoption in Arizona” are better ways to simply say that a woman is choosing adoption.
The truth is that adoption is a gift that is given to a child on behalf of its biological mother. A woman considering adoption is facing some heavy thoughts and facing great fears. The decision in itself is selfless. What could be a greater expression of love than a woman choosing a better life for her child through different parents? Following the general adoption steps below will help any expectant mother know what she can expect in the adoption process.
How to Give Baby Up for Adoption in Arizona
The steps of the adoption process are broken down below. Adoption Choices of Arizona will help a woman considering, “I want to give my baby up for adoption in Arizona” by walking her through these five steps. If you are an expectant mother who doesn’t know what to expect in the adoption process, please contact us to have more specific questions answered. Each adoption situation varies in circumstances and relationships and should be individually handled with care. Our adoption professionals will be there as a guide, support, and resource center throughout the adoption process.
- Make the adoption decision.Placing a baby for adoption in Arizona is no simple decision to make. The considerations a woman should think about include all aspects of her personal situation and a realistic view of parenting in that situation. Some aspects to consider include your financial, emotional, mental, spiritual and physical health, and readiness.This may require a woman considering adoption to make a pros and cons list of choosing adoption versus keeping her baby. On this list, there should be a realistic view of what life would look like if she were to choose to parent, and what life after adoption could be like. It is completely up to the individual woman facing the unplanned pregnancy to make her own decision; however, it is recommended to seek expert advice. This could be in the form of a trusted friend or family member, an adoption agency like Adoption Choices of Arizona, or other support group. Once you’ve made the adoption decision, you can move on to the next steps for how to place a baby for adoption in Arizona.
- Create an adoption plan.An adoption specialist will help a woman considering adoption create an adoption plan. An adoption plan outlines the desires that a prospective birth mother has for her child in terms of how she wants life to look like after adoption, what characteristics she wants in a prospective adoptive family, and hospital wishes if the baby has not been born yet. Giving up baby for adoption in Arizona allows for the prospective birth mother to remain in control of the adoption process up until finalization and have her adoption plan followed. If a prospective birth mother does not feel that her adoption plan is being honored, or if she changes her mind, she can stop the adoption process or choose a different potential adoptive family up until placement.
- Choose an adoptive family.This step in the process of putting your baby for adoption in Arizona can be very exciting and hopeful for a prospective birth mother. Based on her desires expressed in her adoption plan, her adoption specialist will provide her with adoptive family profiles to choose from for her baby. After choosing a prospective adoptive couple, a prospective birth mother will have the opportunity to get to know them and form a bond with them over the course of the pregnancy and/or adoption process.
- Prepare for placement.If the prospective birth mother is pregnant, then she will need to create a hospital plan in addition to her adoption plan, or in conjunction with it. The hospital plan will express the labor and delivery wishes of the prospective birth mother. These wishes will include who is allowed in the delivery room, what hospital or birthing unit she will deliver at, how she will get home from the hospital, etc. There are also legal requirements in Arizona for adoption proceedings, which a prospective birth mother will be informed of by her adoption attorney – provided by Adoption Choices. There are documents that need to be signed, a birth father to consider, and perhaps other personal circumstances. This part of the process will handled by our professionals supporting the prospective birth mother.
- Adjust to life after adoption.Life after adoption can be anything a birth mother chooses to make it. She can choose to focus on her pain and grief, or work on moving forward with her life through spiritual healing. There are so many possibilities for a birth mother and her future, as she has been given a second chance at life. She can also choose to have a relationship with the child she placed for adoption through an open adoption. In an open adoption, a birth mother has a level of communication with the child she chooses adoption for, based on what was agreed upon with the chosen adoptive parents before finalization occurred.
How to place a baby for adoption in Arizona consists of making the adoption decision, creating an adoption plan, choosing an adoptive family, preparing for placement, and adjusting to life after adoption. Adoption can be an incredibly amazing experience if a prospective birth mother chooses to see the beauty and love involved in it. Please contact us if you are considering putting your baby up for adoption in Arizona. Someone will reach out to you, discuss the steps of adoption with you and answer any questions you have. Be encouraged that life after adoption can be rich, beautiful, and full of healing and joy if you choose for it to be!
We are here to help! Expectant Parent Call or Text 1-480-900-5520